Wednesday, November 2, 2016

NEW YORK CHEESECAKE

There is a 3 weeks break before the Higher Certificate in Asian Pastry and Bakery course begins.  Since I only plan to go for a short break in the last week of my break, that means I have two weeks of free time to do anything I like, I decided to roll my shelves up again.   I wanted to get back to the momentum and refresh my baking skill.
My first bake was the New York Cheesecake.  I just used one of my old recipes since it has been proven good so far. This is one of my favorite.
If you are interested in joining me, please refer to the recipe below.  Enjoy baking!

Ingredients 
– 65g digestive biscuit
– 35g butter (melted -microwave 15 sec)
– 250g cream cheese
– 80 caster sugar
– 1/2 no. lemon zest (not too much)
– 1/2 tsp vanilla
– 55g cottage cheese (sieved)
– 2 no. eggs (abt 60g)

Preparation 
– Preheat oven at 150*C.  Baking Time: 1 hr 15 mins-1 hr 30 mins.
– Baking pan: Two 4″ spring form. Outer wrapped with foil and base greased and lined with baking paper.
– Prepare boiling water for water bath baking method.

Method – Biscuit Base
1. Crush digestive biscuit into crumbs with rolling pin, add in melted butter and mix till well combined. Pour into baking pan and press till even and level. Chilled for later use.
Method – Cheesecake
2. Beat cream cheese, add in caster sugar at low into 3 times (begin with slow speed and then increase to medium) and beat till smooth(about 3 mins).  Add lemon zest and vanilla essence, mixed well.
3. Add cottage cheese and continue to beat till smooth. (abt 2-3 mins)
4. Add in eggs, one at a time at low speed and mix well after each addition (abt 1 mins).
5. Remove prepared pan from fridge and pour batter onto biscuit base in step 1. Remove bubble if any.
6. Bake in water bath at 150*C for 75 mins or until the center is set. Leave in oven for an hour with door slightly open or leave it outside till cool.
7. Cover the cake with cling and chill for at least an hour and then r
un a small knife around the rim of the pan to loosen the cake before removing from pan.  
8. Chill in fridge for another 5 hours before serving.
P.S.  To decorate the cake, I just piped with whipping cream.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails