Yummy yummy! I really love this cake, although it's simple and light, it's very tasty. The moisture is just right and it's not overly creamy as well. My daughter really loves it!
Glad that I'm finally home. Home sweet home. I think this may be my last trip to Beijing this year. I believe most people don't enjoy business travel, me too! I'm looking forward to my vacation in end Nov, that is more exciting!
- 135g milk
- 125g cream cheese
- 90g butter (prefer to cut down to 75g)
- 150g top flour - sifted
- pinch of salt
- 120g egg yolk (abt 6 big egg yolks)
- 265g egg white (abt 7 big egg whites)
- 120g caster sugar
- 100g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Cook butter, cream cheese and milk together over double-boiler until thicken and let it cool.
- Add in flour and salt, stir till smooth.
- Add in egg yolk one at a time, whisk well with each addition.
- Use a cake mixer, whisk the egg whites till frothy, gradually add in the sugar and whisk till 80% peak form.
- Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
- Repeat the same, fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 2 portions until well combined.
- Pour batter into a 24cm (9") tube pan and swirl in the chocolate chips.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50-55mins.
- Remove from oven, invert cake onto table till it cool down. Turn over if can't hold.
- Remove cake from pan and serve.