Friday, August 31, 2012

Oreo Cheese Cupcakes: Happy Teacher's Day!

 Teacher's day is round at the corner, I would like to wish all teachers a very Happy Teacher's Day!!

Although my daughter didn't ask me to bake something for her teacher's day celebration, I volunteered as I would like her to bring something as a gift to express her appreciation to her teachers for their guidance and caring. 

I chanced upon a recipe from a food blogger, Miss Tam Chiak  lately, since I had 500g of cream cheese on hand plus I brought 3 packs of Oreo biscuits from NTUC last weekend,  I decided to bake this Oreo Cheese Cupcakes. The original recipe comes from Handle the Heat.  This is a simple recipes,  I think most people will like Oreo cheesecake since it's all times favorite.  

I made a big mistake, I should only break the Oreo into small pieces instead of crushing them to fine as it really affects the cosmetic.  I really like  Miss Tam Chiak's  picture as it' looks so chic/ clean and very well taken.  Anyway, although it doesn't look as tempting as hers, this indeed a yummy cheesecake.  

I am glad to hear from my daughter about her friends and teachers liking this cake.  Personally, I like it as well.  This cake is as not rich as other Oreo Cheesecake I baked before, I guess it is because this cake contains quite a amount of Oreo biscuits, it tastes less creamy. This is definitely a keeper. 

Here you go.. Oreo Cheese Cupcake recipe adopted from Miss Tam Chiak with slight modification.


Ingredients (makes 18-20):

  • 24 Oreos cookies, 16 left whole, and 8 coarsely chopped (just break into small pieces)
  • 500g cream cheese, room temperature
  • 135g sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
  • 135g sour cream
  • Pinch of salt


Method:
1.  Preheat oven to 150°C. 
2.  Place 1 whole cookies (with cream) to the bottom of each cupcake case.
3.  Add cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth and combine. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed. 
4.  Add in vanilla extract, salt and then drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time and beat until combined.  
5.  Beat in sour cream  and stir in chopped cookies at low speed.
6. Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake for about 30 mins at 150*C under waterbath. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails