Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chocolate Ganache Moist Chake 巧克力相思蛋糕

After a long break, finally I'm back into baking! 


I came back because I couldn't stop my curiosity of finding out how good was  this 相思蛋糕 as it was making a big wave in the baking blogger community. 


What's my verdict? From my view, I don't disagree its wonderful texture, it's spongy, light and moist. However, without any layer of frosting or ganache, I find it too pain for my taste buds.  I guess I've a sweet tooth for cake and dessert, if not, I rather save my calories for other thing else.

After spreading a layer of chocolate ganache in between and cover the top, the cake became so scrumptious, it's such a great transformation! Woo..hoo!

 I followed the recipe from Jane's Corner but doubled up the amount since I intended to give away.  I used one each of 6" square and 7" round pan.  I realized that this cake uses more egg yolk than egg white, no wonder the texture is not fluffy like chiffon cake. 


This recipe is definitely a keeper!  I'm sure I'll bake again.  

Below is the recipe for your easy reference.  You could refer to  Jane's Corner's blog as well.  Thanks for those bloggers who recommended this recipe.  Cheer!


Ingredients for Sponge Cake: (One 6” square pan & One 7" round pan)
  • 100g milk
  • 40g Cadbury Old Gold dark chocolate
  • 104g corn oil
  • 200g egg yolks (abt 10 egg yolks)
  • 90g top flour                 } sift together
  • 25g cocoa powder        }
  • 300g egg whites (abt 7.5 egg whites)
  • 120g caster sugar
Method:
Preheat oven at 160*C. 
  1. Heat up milk till boring,  stir in dark chocolate till incorporated. Set to cool.
  2. Mix corn oil and chocolate milk (step 1) together.
  3. Add in egg yolks one at a time and mix well.
  4. Pour in sifted flour and cocoa powder, mix till the batter is smooth.  Set aside. 
  5. In another bowl, beat egg whites until bubbly, gradually add in sugar and continue to beat till soft peaks (about 2.5-3 mins). 
  6. Gently fold in 1/3 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture (step 4), mix well. Repeat the same steps for remaining portions till mixture is well combined. 
  7. Pour batter into the prepared cake pans and bake in the preheated oven at 160*C for 50 mins in water bath.
  8. Remove from oven when the tester comes out clean and turn the pan over.  Leave cake to cool in pan before removing the cake from cake pans 
Ingredients for Chocolate Ganache
  • 200g whipping cream
  • 250 Cadbury Old Gold dark chocolate
  • 1 tpsp corn syrup 
Method:
  1. Heat up whipping cream till boring, add in dark chocolate and corn syrup and then mix till incorporated. Keep in fridge to thicken.  

Assemble Together
  1. Slice sponge cake into two, spread a layer of chocolate ganache in between of two slices and then cover the top. 
  2. Keep in fridge for 2 hours to set before serving.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails